Get behind the scenes!
Join SPRUKE Crew 2019!
The SPRUKE Crew love playing their ukes, having a laugh and lending a hand. Volunteering as a SPRUKE Crew member gets you industry experience and festival perks, not available to the regular SPRUKE festival-goers.
SPRUKE Crew benefits
• Join the behind the scenes action, rub shoulders with a Ukulele Star, and make new friends.
• Enjoy reviving refreshments to keep you powering through your shift.
• Return your volunteer’s lanyard after your first shift to receive a discount voucher for BUMS Inc and SPRUKE merchandise.
• An exclusive invitation to a SPRUKE Crew party.
• Earn the everlasting gratitude of the SPRUKE 2019 Festival Committee.
Everybody has talents and skills … share yours and help make SPRUKE the friendliest ukulele festival. Here’s some of the teams you could be assigned to.
• set up market stalls, workshop rooms and concert venues
• erect and dismantle signage and decorations
• greet and assist festival-goers
• sell merchandise and raffle tickets
• provide audio visual and technical assistance
• coordinate and assist performers
Thanks to all those who took part, SPRUKE 2017 was a great success. The enormous wealth of talent within the volunteer ranks, created a very polished and professionally run event. We were thrilled by lots of very positive feedback about how smoothly it ran. Festival-goers and our SPRUKE CREW also enjoyed the participatory and inclusive feel of the festival.
We want to build on that to make the SPRUKE 2019 even better. We have a new festival precinct this year, SunPAC and the adjacent Sunnybank Community and Sports Club- good news it’s air conditioned! Festivals like SPRUKE rely on generous and enthusiastic volunteers. We need you again!
Register here as a SPRUKE volunteer. If you’ve had experience, we’d absolutely love to hear from you. If you don’t, we’ll provide you with a solid grounding in what’s required. Help us to deliver a first-class festival experience.